Monday, July 15, 2013

Know Ledge


Some take what they know as something that will not change.  Knowledge can become a fixed idea that ignores all else.  What if a new piece of information changes my mind?  It happens, so, how do you know that what you know is all there is?

After all, I have the complete ability to objectively perceive, analyze, and experience information without emotion or prejudice. I think I will just look for evidence that supports my preconceived fixed idea, which allows me to maintain my cerebral security.  That is simple.  “A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest “ (The Boxer, Simon & Garfunkel).

There are those that make fun of past medical interventions as ignorant.  George Washington’s medical treatment, the bleeding of about 5 pints of blood in less than 16 hours contributed to his death.  That was the medical treatment of the day and I am sure the physicians were well intended.  I like the false security of just knowing how far we have come and how smart we are now.  

There are those that religiously believe in allopathic (today’s prescription/surgical treatments) medicine or “natural” medicine.  Some Allopaths make fun of natural medicine.  Some Naturopaths make fun of allopathic medicine.  There are strengths and weakness in both.  Stay open to both possibilities.

Stay Well!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment