Monday, June 18, 2012

Natural Stress



The lady had been exhausted for months.  What had happened?  It started with the inability to go to sleep.  It just seemed she could not turn off the thoughts.  In the morning, brain fog filled her head.  With three cups of coffee and a shower she went to work.  Four years ago, her life changed with a divorce, but things were rocky for years before that.  Now, she has high blood pressure, low thyroid, and is on the emotional roller coaster from hell.  Her ability to deal with any minor stress is gone.

Yes, stress is natural and your body is normally equipped to deal with natural stressors.  The tiger is about to eat you so you fight or run away.  We can deal with momentary stress and even some chronic stress.  However, continuous chronic stress with the push yourself mentality is a set up for a crash.  If we define chronic stress as unrelenting stress that last 6 months or greater, we would likely all qualify.  Emotional stress can have a greater impact than physical.  It has been said that stress is the only disease.

The adrenal hormone system is your stress hormone system- two glands located on top of the kidneys.  The physical relationship is interesting; in Chinese medicine the kidneys are associated with fear.

Cortisol is a well-advertised adrenal hormone that is associated with weight gain.  The demonized cortisol is vital to your health.  Normal circadian cortisol levels are high in the morning and gradually decrease as the day progresses.  Normal morning cortisol means you are alert and ready to take on the day.  Normally low evening cortisol means you can go to sleep.  Increase the stress and increase the cortisol.  Chronic stress can eventually result in adrenal fatigue.  Adrenal imbalance can result in problems with thyroid and sex hormones and can impact blood sugar control.  A good way to access adrenal function is with a saliva lab known as an Adrenal Stress Index. 

Strategies to manage stress include a life style change or at least a plan to make a transition to a better life position.  Product strategies include Bach's Rescue Remedy, Stress Formula, or Natural Creations Anxiety HP.  Adrenal support may include Gaia Adrenal Health, Natural Creations Adrenal Complex, and/or Nutraplenish Adrenal (multi-vitamin).  Essential oils are helpful for relaxation and include Wyndmere Stress Relief, Anger Management, Joyful Spirit, or Road Rage Relief.  These are great for relaxing baths.  Adding Epsom salts to your bath can also have a relaxing effect.


Stay Well!

1 comment:

  1. I want to write a little testimony about the good work of doctor ehiaguna who cured me from Hsv 1 and 2 for just 2 week with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be normal again and have a good life like others I always regretted the day I got diagnose with the virus, I was lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have kids of my own well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I go online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found this doc ehiaguna email on a blog of someone who was cured by him I quickly contact him for help and explain all my pain to him, he told me not to worry about it there is cure for real, I never believe until he send me the herbal medicine when I order for it and I have it within 4 days that is how I took the medicine for 2 week and the following week I go for test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life I am so happy right now, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through drehiaguna@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2348073908953... And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

    ReplyDelete