Tuesday, August 28, 2012

When I Married You

The young female pharmacist that works here is getting married.  All the preparation reminds me of the newlywed perspective.   Some find this offensive but I have said that being in love is almost like being mentally ill.  It is such a euphoric state that nothing else seems to matter.  It is better than any drug but who can maintain that state?  Of course as we all know, it changes.  When my wife and I married she had three children and I had four children.  At one time all seven were teenagers (four boys and three girls).  Talk about insanity.    During the music writing part of my life I composed this song about the contrast and struggle of our relationship.  I am happy to say that our marriage survived our now grown children.


No comments:

Post a Comment